News from the PRBB
As every year, the end of October celebrates the Open Access Week.
From the PRBB #ellipse, we talk to different stakeholders of the scientific community (researchers, press officers, librarians) about the best way to increase accessibility to research results. From a critical look at the current research publication system, its problems and potential solutions, we focus specifically on preprints – a way of sharing scientific results before their peer review and their official publication in a scientific journal.
Check out the ellipse article to find out the opinions of:
- Richard Sever, Assistant Director of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press and Co-Founder of bioRxiv & medRxiv
- Robert Castelo (researcher at DCEXS-UPF)
- Esther Barreiro (researcher at IMIM)
- Gautam Dey (postdoc at University College of London – UCL) and member of the Prelight community
- Iñaki Ruiz-Trillo (researcher at IBE: CSIC-UPF)
- Kristina Haase (researcher at EMBL Barcelona)
- Juan Ramon González (Associate Research Professor at ISGlobal)
- Omar Jamshed (press officer at CRG)
- Mar Garreta (librarian at UPF)
Enjoy and keep the conversation going!
And remember to subscribe at the ellipse website in order to receive your monthly newsletter and not miss a thing about what goes on at the PRBB!