News
19/7/2013

UPF accounts for 10% of the financing obtained by Spanish universities in the 7th EU Framework Programme

UPF accounts for 10% of the financing obtained by Spanish universities in the 7th EU Framework Programme


News from UPF


The Spanish General Secretary for Science, Technology and Innovation has released a report analyzing the participation of Spanish universities in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7), the European Union's instrument for funding research and innovation in the period 2007-2013.

The study shows the high level of competitiveness of researchers at UPF, as despite only representing around 1% of teaching staff in the Spanish university system, they account for 10% of the total funding obtained by Spanish universities in the FP7. This percentage is only surpassed by the Polytechnic University of Madrid (11%), which is around four times the size.

The Ministry's figures show that UPF is also the Spanish university which in recent years has experienced the largest increase in funding obtained as a result of research activities in Europe: the University has quadrupled the income that it obtained in the FP6 (2002 -2006).

More information:

Presentation of the study

UPF press release